Report 2016: the 5 most remarkable fashion events

A fragile year just ended for Fashion industry, which has brought a growth rate between 0.5-1%, under the overall average (+2-2.5%). In 2017 we expect a growth average of 2.5-3.5%, but meanwhile let’s see the most important Fashion events that in despite of the market evolution marked a successful 2016.

1 – London Fashion Week

London Fashion Week (February and September) was the most innovative and eccentric of all, with a fresh, young and alternative mood. Here are some of the most famous guests, that attended the 2016 edition: Olivia PalermoPoppyCara DelevingneAlexa Chung, together with Jourdan Dunn and Eva Herzigova.

2 – New York Fashion Week

Considered as one of the “Big Four” together with Paris, London, Milan. In 2016 New York Fashion Week has been notable for the presence of famous stylists, new names and avant-garde collections.  Confirming a trend observed over last years: small and young brands works better than those big and well- known.

3 – Rome and Gucci Ghost

“Gucci Ghost” A good example of how art and fashion can work together and always find new ways to communicate.
The exclusive event took place in November 2016 held inside the Rome Condotti Gucci boutique as a celebration of the artist Trouble Andrew and his successful collaboration with the brand. Numerous the Italian celebrities attending the event, all dressed by Gucci, from head to toe.

4 – Milan Woman’s fashion

Two annual events (in February and September) organised by “CAMERA NAZIONALE DELLA MODA ITALIANA” which represented the most prestigious event in fashion industry. With a chain formed by thousands of operators working behind the scenes, the women collections runways have been among the most wait for events of international fashion industry.

From 21 to 26 September 2016 Bizeta Retail Solutions attended the events, presenting the Custom SPA range of retail industry solutions, following MF Fashion in the space of Class Editors placed at UNICREDIT Pavilion.

5 – PITTI IMMAGINE Florence

Florence is also among the fashion cities.
PITTI IMMAGINE presents each year on its runways man, women, children fashion collections, Fabrics, Tastes, Fragrances and Fast fashion:  a prestigious unmissable event for fashion industry players.

In 2017 was launched “Pitti Dance Off”, the 91st edition of PITTI Man, hosted in Florence from the 10th to13th January:  the body and fashion movement. More than 1220 exhibitors attended the event hosted in the 60.000 square meters  fair location FORTEZZA da Basso (Florence) which for this unique event becomes the launching stage for new trends and brands: the international fashion fair and masculine lifestyle. 44%( 540) of the attendees were foreigner exhibitors, which gave a modern conception of craftsmanship bringing an innovative life style.

Sir Paul Smith was the guest of honour. Others remarkable designers were Z ZEGNA with the first collection signed by Alessandro SARTORI and Tommy HILFINGER which used the fair for his launch on the European market.
The exclusive event was also attended by young Italian designers, founders of new brands like Bruno RIFFESER Monti and LORENZA FUSINA, founders of FANGA as their second participation on the Pop Up Store.

Another remarkable moment was the big event organised by the Center of Florence for the Italian fashion, on at Pitti Palace in the evening of 9 January, presenting the exhibition of Florence Fashion through the lens of FOTO LOCCHI Archive “. The exhibition showed 100 rare pictures immortalised by FOTO LOCCHI photographers and illustrate the history of Florentine fashion from 30’s to 70’s.

Contact

The commercial staff of Bizeta Retail Solutions is at your complete disposal to give you any information about our solutions.

    Privacy

    By reference to Legislative Decree 196/2003 and to EU Regulation no. 2016/679, on the protection of privacy, I expressly authorize the use and processing of my personal data. (I agree to the treatment of my personal information)

    By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

    The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

    Chiudi